Manufacturing Test Engineer
Are you a builder? Do you derive satisfaction from automating the physical world? Do you thrive in an environment that allows you to automate, program, modify, drill, break, glue, tape, saw, solder or 3D print your way to the answer?
As a Manufacturing Test Engineer at Woosh you’ll play a critical role in the growth of the company. Your solutions will touch every product we manufacture. We iterate quickly and build custom equipment to evaluate our designs. Our products are great because we aren’t afraid to prototype or try crazy ideas.
We’re looking for a self-starter who can figure out the “how”. You will:
- Lead the effort in developing and deploying automated test stations that verify assembled Woosh hardware in our manufacturing lines.
- Drive the test requirements, test specification, equipment design, and related manufacturing implementation/integration.
- Interface with cross functional teams from PCB, firmware/software and mechanical to manufacturing, process, quality and certification.
- Coordinate with factory teams to plan and place test stations, as well as interface with factory data systems.
- Proficiency in Python programming and Git source control.
- Proficiency with Linux and Windows.
- 3+ years Experience gathering requirements and creating board level/end-of-line tests for high volume consumer electronics.
- Experience with programmatic control of test equipment such as power supplies.
- Ability to read and interpret an electronics schematic or datasheet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent training/experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Bay Area and internationally for periodic factory visits.
Nice to have experience:
- Knowledge of BLE and WiFi protocols.
- Experience with the RaspberryPi ecosystem.
- Ability to solder basic circuits and wiring harnesses.
- Basic knowledge of AWS services (DynamoDB, IoT, Lambda).
- Experience with 3D printers.
- Experience with the mechanical design of test fixtures.
You can expect:
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance.
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership.
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry.
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers.
Woosh Air (“Woosh”) is a venture backed startup focused on improving the world’s indoor air quality. Check us out on Shark Tank Season 14 Episode 4 (ABC, Hulu, YoutubeTV). For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.woosh-air.com
Diversity at Woosh Air
Woosh Air believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Woosh Air highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Woosh Air are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.